Achieve With Us

KOVAR Connects

- Posted by Author: Jenna in Category: Participants | 1 min read

The Arc of Harrisonburg and Rockingham (The Arc of HR) provides transportation to and from home and within the community so that people with intellectual and developmental disabilities are able to participate fully in our programs and have access to shopping, entertainment, fitness, recreation, culture, and service-learning. Grants from The Department of Rail and Public Transportation (DRPT) provide 80% of the cost of the 5- and 9-passenger accessible vans. The remaining 20%, nearly $10,000, is provided through a local match.  KOVAR, the foundation of the Knights of Columbus has provided the local match for a 5-passenger minivan with ramp that will arrive this summer. Mr. Ed Seroskie, Vice-President of Audit for KOVAR made the presentation. Pictured is a DRPT 9-passenger van that KOVAR previously funded.

The Arc of HR, established in 1962, is a nonprofit agency dedicated to advocacy and support for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities throughout the arc of their lifetimes. Our programs and services foster independence, self-determination, inclusion, participation in and contribution to the community.